Sunday, September 19, 2010

I love wedding photos!

I love to look at wedding photos. From the time I was six years old, through my teen years, twenties, and onward (you get the idea), I have absolutely loved wedding photos. Whether I know the bridal couple or not, and usually I don't, there's something so magical about wedding pictures. You're seeing a couple on the precipice of a new life. You're seeing love, hope, excitement...



(photo by Forever Yours Photography, Idaho Falls)

On an ironic note, as I mentioned before, my own wedding photographer was terrible. To be fair, if I had done appropriate research then I wouldn't have found myself in that situation. So this is my recommendation to you: meet with many photographers. Make sure that you not only like their portfolio, but that your personalities jive. Make sure they listen to you.


(Photo by Modern Wedding Photography)

You can fit a great photographer into your budget. If you have a large budget then by all means, fly the photographer of your choice to your wedding location. If not, check out photography blogs, go to bridal shows, try to find photographers who are just getting started but are talented (they'll cost less). And do research. Look at wedding photos on the internet and find poses you like. Take them to your photographer and you're that much closer to getting photos you love.

The wedding photos are what you have left after the flowers have wilted and the cake has been eaten.




Dress Picks of the Day from TheDressList.com


Size 8
$40
Cincinnati, OH



Size 6
$250
Ogden, UT

http://thedresslist.com/